Sky Box keeps switching off (Sky+ and Sky HD)
This is a common issue, usually caused by a software
All Sky Digiboxes download updates “over the air”, and this
is easily fixed by changing a setting and forcing a new update.
- Press Services
- Press 5 (Sky+ Setup)
- Select Auto Standby and set it to Off
- Select Save New Settings
- Press the Sky Button
Ok, now we need to force a 'new download'
- Switch off the receiver’s power at
- Wait 10 secs…. Then press and hold the Backup
button on the front of the receiver whilst switching the power
- Keep holding the backup button until all the LEDs on
the front switch on.
- Wait 10-20 mins (A message on the screen will say something
like ‘Don’t switch off….’)
- Resist temptation to start playing with the box when it
reboots… give it a few more minutes
- Now press the Sky button.
This should resolve the issue.